T3 Expo prides itself on retaining the best of the best when it comes to our employees. We aim to bring only the most talented, thoughtful and hardworking team players to design, build, and sell award-winning exhibition and event space to our customers. With that, we are very excited to announce the most recent addition to our team. Meet Velma Louie, National Accounts Director. Velma will lead the Salesforce World Tour events for the T3 team and we couldn't be more excited to have her working with us. Let's get to know Velma a little more in her Employee Spotlight interview below:
1. How did you get started in the expo and trade show industry? Can you provide insight into some of your past experience? I actually fell into it by accident. I’d been working in the hotel industry since I graduated college and one day I answered an ad in the newspaper for an event manager position at Moscone Center. Went in, interviewed and got the job still thinking it was just small meetings I was planning. My first day on the job was the first time I’d ever seen an exhibition hall. Needless to say my eyes popped wide open as to how huge the place was. I fell in love with the industry and never left.
2. What motivated you to join T3 Expo? What is your title and job description? What motivated me to join T3 was their sense of dedication and support to every person on their team as well as in the industry. I joined T3 after a 2 month sabbatical and I’m excited for the new adventures and to be a part of this innovative company. I had known and worked with Chris, Nate and Chris for years and I’d seen their passion and motivation to create a company from the ground up and turn it into what it is today. I am a National Accounts Director. I am the Account Director for the Salesforce World Tour events working with a great team that is already in place.
3. What do you enjoy most about your role? Working at T3? I enjoy the atmosphere--it feels like a family. I’ve been in the industry for over 15 years and I’m still learning new things every day.
4. Ten years from now, where do you see T3 Expo in the general service contracting space? Ten years from now I see myself sitting up there right next to Chris, Nate, Chris….I’m JK! I see T3 dominating the creative and innovative side of the industry with personalized customer service to their clients, breaking away from the traditional “general contractor”.
5. Do you have a funny story to share about your job, industry, or travelling? I was on a lunch run grabbing some grilled cheese sandwiches and I get a call on the radio about some banners flying off of structures. That day was one of the most severe wind storms in Las Vegas and as most people know, the front of the LVCC is a wind tunnel. I was running around in 3 inch heels mind you chasing after banners and putting sand bags up and down the front of the building. It was one of my most professional looking moments.
6. In addition to your passion for the events industry, what are some of your other hobbies and/or things you like to do in your spare time? I enjoy running, cooking something I’ve just watched on the food network, spontaneous travel, and posting pictures of my food on Facebook.