It's that time again! To highlight one of our many outstanding employees here at T3 Expo. Meet Rick Baptista. Rick brings many years of trade show experience to our company and is currently Director of Operations in our San Francisco office. Learn a little bit more about Rick in his interview below:
1. How did you get started in the expo and trade show industry? Can you provide insight into some of your past experience? I had been a Teamster since I was 18 years old and at 35 a good friend of mine encouraged me to come work in the trade show industry. With my teamster experience, I started driving trucks for trade shows in 1991 and working as a show foreman. I retired from the teamsters in 2008 to start working as the Director of Operations of the Northwest for Champion Exposition until they were sold in 2011. That's when I joined T3 Expo.
2. What motivated you to join T3 Expo? What is your title and job description? I was approached by some of my friends from back East with whom I had worked at Champion but whom was now at T3. How could I go wrong working with them again when I had such a great experience at Champion? My job is to oversee the T3 operation in our San Francisco office.
3. What do you enjoy most about your role? Working at T3? I enjoy working with all my friends. Everyone at T3 is great and they take care of you like you are family.
4. In the past year, what have been the most exciting shows you have worked on and why? All the shows I work on for T3 are a great experience. I'm lucky. It's really atrributed to all the great people I come in contact with everyday.
5. In addition to your passion for the events industry, what are some of your other hobbies and/or things you like to do in your spare time? I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I like to golf and spend time at my country cabin.
6. What’s something positive about working for T3Expo that most people don’t know about? T3 is a family oriented company. I really like that.