Meet Jill Burns, Account Executive rockstar and a major asset to the T3 Expo family. Jill brings a decade of industry experience to her job and does it all with a smile and a positive attitude that's infectious! Hence, she's our pick for this month's employee spotlight. Read Jill's interview below and you'll see why we are so lucky to have her on our team!
1. How did you get started in the expo and trade show industry? Can you provide insight into some of your past experience? I applied to an ad in the local newspaper for a customer service position after graduating from college. I had never heard of the trade show industry until I was literally working in it.
2. What motivated you to join T3 Expo? What is your title and job description? I worked at Champion Exposition Services years ago and was intrigued when I heard Chris, Chris and Nate had started their own company. What they were doing in the industry was new and exciting and something I wanted to be a part of. I am an Account Executive, which suits my personality perfectly as I am a planner by nature. Nothing makes me happier than having a to-do list I can cross off at the end of each day!
3. What do you enjoy most about your role? Working at T3? I love that although the function of the job can seem monotonous at times, the process is always different and that’s what makes it exciting! I’ve worked in the industry for over a decade and continue to learn and discover new things daily. I love the atmosphere at T3 and feel blessed to be able to work with the best of the best everyday.
4. Ten years from now, where do you see T3 Expo in the general service contracting space? The rate at which T3 has grown in the last five years is phenomenal and it is going to continue to explode in the next ten because we don’t follow industry trends--we set them. I see T3 opening more offices and taking on more clients while continuing to provide superior service.
5. In addition to your passion for the events industry, what are some of your other hobbies and/or things you like to do in your spare time? I have two young boys so spare time isn’t something I have much of! But I love going to the beach, boating with friends and family, taking trips, or just sitting back and enjoying the quiet!